Aalishba Ahmad ’19

• What are you doing currently?
    • I graduated from Vis in 2019, and I’m currently wrapping up my Junior year at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. I decided to study Community Health with a concentration in Health Planning and Administration, with a minor in Business, on a pre-medical track. I’m excited to wrap up my undergraduate degree a year early, so I can complete my Master of Public Health before applying to Medical School. I’m involved as a volunteer at a free clinic in Champaign, do research on youth disparities, joined a professional medical fraternity, and am the President of the Pakistani Students Association on campus.
  • How has your experience at Visitation shaped your life?
    • I learned how passionate I am about diversity, equity, and inclusion through my different experiences at Vis. Whether it was StuCo, SOCS, or the amazing classes I took like Women and Society, I learned that I wanted to keep working towards creating an equitable world. Salesian Spirituality has stuck with me even at a public university. Showcasing the virtues we learned throughout middle and high school is always one of my top priorities. Vis and the Sisters also taught me the beauty of service. One of my main goals in every campus involvement is to fundraise, donate, and serve the marginalized.
  • What would your advice be to current students at Vis?
    • Cherish the advice and time your teachers give you. I miss having a community of educators who care so much about every one of their students. They truly want the best for you, and their words will stick with you forever. Visitation provides us with amazing mentors that will be cheering you on for the rest of your life. Show them love! Also, don’t forget the value of sisterhood and lifelong friendships 🙂

The Visitation Voice • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in