Brigid Ryan-Ling ’97
- What are you doing currently?
- I graduated from Vis in 1997. I started my own marketing consulting business (Ryan-Ling, LLC) in 2006, and I work with a host of amazing businesses around Minnesota, helping them with their marketing communication, branding, and business growth needs.
- I also founded a company with my husband called TackleBar, which is a youth football product company. The TackleBar harness allows kids to play football without being tackled to the ground while still teaching good football fundamentals. We are in partnership with Riddell, the helmet manufacturer, and USA Football, the governing body for youth football in the US, and I work in strategic marketing within our company and with both of our partners. I love entrepreneurship, even with all of its endless ups and downs!
- How has your experience at Visitation shaped your life?
- Vis helped me in very practical ways, like developing my writing skills and critical thinking skills. And it also helped me develop my whole person. From developing confidence to start my own businesses to growing in my perseverance to never give up, to spiritually development to learning to see Jesus in every person I meet, my Vis experience is something I am grateful for every single day.
- What would your advice be to current students at Vis?
- Dive into the Vis experience in as many ways as possible! We used to laugh about how much we heard “Non-Scholae Sed Vitae” in our time there, but turns out, it’s true! The Vis experience is a gift that really isn’t just for school but is a gift you will continue to appreciate more and more throughout your life. And, don’t leave Vis without getting to know the Minneapolis nuns. They will change your life, without a doubt.